Dysport ® | Auburn, AL
What does Dysport ® do?
- Relax facial muscles to reduce wrinkles.
- Relax the muscles that pull the eyebrow down which can result in an elevation of the brow.
Where is Dysport ® used?
- Between the eyebrows (glabella)
- Forehead *
- Crow’s feet*
- Upper lip*
- Corner of the mouth*
- Chin dimpling*
- Palms, soles of feet, and underarms for excessive sweating* More info.
*Dysport ® is approved by the FDA for the treatment of glabella lines. All other treatments are considered “off-label.” The photos above are models, not actual patients of Dr. Aquadro.
Who is not a candidate for Dysport ®?
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Allergic to cow’s milk, Botox ®, Xeomin ®, or Myobloc ®
- Neuromuscular disorders (ALS, myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, etc.)
What can I expect after Dysport ® treatment?
Dysport® Cosmetic treatment has minimal to no downtime. The most common side effect is some redness at the site of injection or mild bruising. Most people return to normal activity immediately following treatment. Dr. Aquadro recommends that you refrain from strenuous activity for 24hrs following injection. The effects of the treatment will not take effect until 4 to 5 days after injection and the full result may not be realized until two weeks following treatment. The effects of Dysport ® Cosmetic generally last between three and four months.
Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription injection for temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines) in adults less than 65 years of age.
The most common side effects are nose and throat irritation, headache, injection site pain, injection site skin reaction, upper respiratory tract infection, eyelid swelling, eyelid drooping, sinus inflammation, and nausea.