BOTOX Cosmetic® | Auburn, AL
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 7.7 million botulinum toxin type A procedures were performed in 2019 in the United States! This makes it the most popular cosmetic procedure in the country.
What does BOTOX ® do?
- Relax facial muscles to reduce wrinkles.
- Relax the muscles that pull the eyebrow down which can result in an elevation of the brow.
Where is BOTOX ® used?
- Between the eyebrows (glabella or 11s)
- Forehead *
- Crow’s feet
- Nose *
- Upper lip * (lip flip or smokers lines)
- Corner of the mouth * (DAO)
- Jaw line or masseter muscle *
- Chin dimpling *
- Neck bands *
- Palms, soles of feet, and underarms for excessive sweating* More info.
*BOTOX ® is approved for the treatment of glabella lines and crow’s feet by the FDA. All other treatments are considered “off-label.” The photos above are models, not actual patients of Dr. Aquadro.
Who is not a candidate for BOTOX ®?
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Sensitivities to human albumin, aminoglycoside antibiotics or BOTOX®
- Neuromuscular disorders (ALS, myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, etc.)
What can I expect after BOTOX ® treatment?
BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment has minimal to no downtime. The most common side effect is some redness at the site of injection or mild bruising. Most people return to normal activity immediately following treatment. Dr. Aquadro recommends that you refrain from strenuous activity for 24hrs following injection. The effects of the treatment will not take effect until 4 to 5 days after injection and the full result may not be realized until two weeks following treatment. The effects of BOTOX ® Cosmetic generally last between three and four months.
Indications: BOTOX® Cosmetic is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet lines, and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults.