BOTOX Cosmetic® | Auburn, AL
What does BOTOX ® do?
- Relax facial muscles to reduce wrinkles.
- Relax the muscles that pull the eyebrow down which can result in an elevation of the brow.
Where is BOTOX ® used?
- Between the eyebrows (glabella)
- Forehead *
- Crow’s feet
- Upper lip*
- Corner of the mouth*
- Chin dimpling*
- Palms, soles of feet, and underarms for excessive sweating* More info.
*BOTOX ® is approved for the treatment of glabella lines and crow’s feet by the FDA. All other treatments are considered “off-label.” The photos above are models, not actual patients of Dr. Aquadro.
Who is not a candidate for BOTOX ®?
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Sensitivities to human albumin, aminoglycoside antibiotics or BOTOX®
- Neuromuscular disorders (ALS, myasthenia gravis, Lambert-Eaton Syndrome, etc.)
What can I expect after BOTOX ® treatment?
BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment has minimal to no downtime. The most common side effect is some redness at the site of injection or mild bruising. Most people return to normal activity immediately following treatment. Dr. Aquadro recommends that you refrain from strenuous activity for 24hrs following injection. The effects of the treatment will not take effect until 4 to 5 days after injection and the full result may not be realized until two weeks following treatment. The effects of BOTOX ® Cosmetic generally last between three and four months.
Indications: Glabellar Lines – BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) for injection is indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines associated with corrugator and/or procerus muscle activity in adult patients.
Indications: Lateral Canthal Lines – BOTOX® Cosmetic is indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe lateral canthal lines associated with orbicularis oculi activity in adult patients.